Angel is a Senior Advisor and Consultant specialising in Sustainable Development, Local Development in Crisis Situations and Management of Learning and Information Systems.
His clients include the International Recovery Platform (United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Risk Reduction); the Crisis Prevention and Recovery Program of the International Labour Organisation; the Folke Bernadotte Academy (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sweden) and several local governments in Spain.
From 1988 until December 2007, Angel was Program Manager for the United Nations (International Labour Organisation, United Nations System Staff College and International Training Centre of the ILO).
From 1980 to 1988 Angel developed his professional career in key Spanish organisations and NGOs, mainly as Director of the Foundation in Support to Local Development Initiatives (FUNDESCOOP) and as Special Advisor to the National Association of Local Authorities (FEMP).
Angel’s main fields of expertise are:
- Local and regional development planning and policy advice
- Management of Local Governments and Association of Local Authorities
- Crisis situations (conflicts and disasters): management of recovery processes at the local level; post conflict social and political recovery at the local level; local development as a prevention tool
- Management of Training & Learning programs and institutions
- Information and Communication Technologies applied to e-learning, face-to-face and blended training
- Public Relations and fund raising
Angel has extensive country experience in Latin América, Central & Eastern Europe, Western Europe and countries and regions in crisis or post-crisis such as Central America, Bolivia, Croatia, Kosovo, Ivory Coast, Rwanda.